Allergy Discussion Group
Netscape Instructions for How To Create Plain Text E-mail
Let's assume you are using Netscape for your e-mail.
- Open your Netscape e-mail program, like you want to read your e-mail.
- Click on the "Edit" menu near the top left corner.
- At the bottom of the Edit menu is Preferences. Click on Preferences.
Important Note: We are going to change ONLY ONE tiny little thing -- don't change ANYTHING else, please. REALLY.
- Under Preferences there are several options. Click in the little box to the left of the words "Mail & Newsgroups."
- Next, click on the tab labeled with the word "Formatting."
- A page should appear that starts off with two options in the top section, and you may need to change FROM one option TO the other.
- So, click on the little circle next to "Use the plain text editor to compose messages."
- Now, the final step to make all this worthwhile, is that you MUST click on "OK" at the bottom of this same page. If you don't click OK, all is lost.
The next time you write a message, it will be in plain text (suitable for all e-mail programs and for worldwide discussion groups), not HTML.
Visit our sister discussion mailing lists:
Or visit the Allergy Basics Center for AIR -- Allergy Internet Resources!
For more information, please contact:
Owner: Ballew Kinnaman <kinnaman@Immune.Com>
This page was last modified
This page resides at http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/Force_ASCII_Netscape.html
Copyright © 1999, Immune.Com, all rights reserved.