Allergy Discussion Group
Outlook Express Instructions
How To Create Plain Text E-mail
Let's assume you are using Outlook Express for your e-mail.
- Open your Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail program, like you want to read your e-mail.
- Near the top left corner there is a Tools menu. Click on the "Tools" menu.
- Click on the "Options" choice near the bottom of the Tools menu.
- Options has seven or eight tabs on top -- you want the second one labeled "Send."
- On the Send tab menu the section you want to change is at the top under "Mail sending format."
Important Note: We are going to change ONLY ONE tiny little thing -- don't change ANYTHING else, please. REALLY.
- Click in the little circle to the left of "Plain text" to choose the option "Plain text" under "Mail sending format."
- Now, to save your new plain text selection, click on the "Apply" box in the lower right corner of the box.
- Also, in the "Settings..." box next to your "plain text" choice, you might want to check to be sure that these settings are in use:
- Message format: MIME
- Encode text using: None
- Automatically wrap text at 70 (or 65 or 60) characters.
- [X] Indent the original text with ">" when replying or forwarding
- Finally click "OK" and then click "Apply" again.
The next time you write a message, it will be in plain text (suitable for all e-mail programs and for worldwide discussion groups), not HTML.
Microsoft Certification MCSE Study Guides
Visit our sister discussion mailing lists:
Or visit the Allergy Basics Center for AIR -- Allergy Internet Resources!
For more information, please contact:
Owner: Ballew Kinnaman <kinnaman@Immune.Com>
This page resides at http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/Force_ASCII_Outlook.html
Copyright © 1999,2000 Immune.Com, all rights reserved.